Classroom is Google's "easy-to-use and secure tool [that] helps educators manage, measure, and enrich learning experiences", which is utilized by all teachers at PS101. Google Classroom is the best way for parents to see what educators work on with their children. Parents can view assignments and any messages the teacher would like to communicate to parents. See the following information for best practices on how to get the most out of Google Classroom.
Logging in to Classroom
Classroom is enabled for all teachers and all students at PS101, with the following details:
- Students must login with their DOE-issued @nycstudents.net account
- There is NO direct access for parents; you must login to Classroom using your child's @nycstudents.net account
- If you need to reset your child's password, navigate to the DOE's Student Password & Profile Management page
Students and parents can access Google Classroom at classroom.google.com
If you use Gmail (or you have multiple children), it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED to create separate Chrome profiles for yourself and each of your children. This will allow you to easily navigate from your child's Gmail to their class information in Classroom. If you try to use the same Chrome profile for both your account and your child (or children), there can often be confusing issues when trying to access your child's Gmail or Classroom.
The Google Classroom application can be installed on Android tablets & phones via the Play Store. Note that this will require you to add your child's @nycstudents.net account to your Android device.
The Google Classroom application can be installed on iOS tablets & phones via the App Store. Note that this will require you to add your child's @nycstudents.net account to your iOS device.
- Review the Classroom Help page for useful help articles and a community of users to ask your questions
- Review the Google Classroom Workshop video provided by the Executive Board
- Email [email protected] with any specific questions