What Do Class Parents Do?:
The school experience will be very different this year in many ways. This means that the partnership between the PA, parents, teachers, and students must be highly connected and collaborative. Central to making this happen, will be the role of the Class Parent. We need class parents for each class whether your child is in Blended Learning or 100% Remote Learning.
Class Parents play an important role in our school. Our teachers have been entrusted with educating our children but they need partners to ensure that each school year is as rewarding for our children as possible.
Each classroom needs between two and four Class Parents. Class Parents support their child’s class by supporting the teacher and sharing tasks such as:
- A Class Parent volunteers in a class in which their child is enrolled.
- Communicate important information to all class families.
- Organize class events & special occasions.
- Encourage participation in various school events.
- Coordinate teacher gift/class fund collections.
- Attend P.A. meetings as a representative of your class.
- Copy and distribute a Grade Directory to families.