- 2022-2023 Class Parents Guidelines
- Template Welcome Introduction Letter
- Food Allergies & Classroom Events
Are you interested in being a Class Parent?
CLICK HERE to sign up to be a class parent for the 2022-23 school year. If you have questions, please email our Class Parent Coordinators.
What Do Class Parents Do?
Class Parents play an important role in our school. Our teachers have been entrusted with educating our children but they need partners to ensure that each school year is as rewarding for our children as possible.
Each classroom needs between two and four Class Parents. Class Parents support their child’s class by supporting the teacher and sharing tasks such as:
- A Class Parent volunteers in a class in which their child is enrolled
- Communicate important information to all class families
- Organize class events & special occasions
- Encourage participation in various school events
- Coordinate teacher gift/class fund collections
- Attend P.A. meetings as a representative of your class
- Copy and distribute a Grade Directory to families
Class Parents are responsible for organizing class events, including class parties and
community service events. Teachers and the administration encourage Class Parents to plan
class wide activities (crafts, games, community service projects) in lieu of food-centered class
Class Party Dates
- Octoberfest – Oct 31, 2022
- Thanksgiving – Community Service Projects in lieu of Class Parties
- Winter Holidays – Dec 21 or 22, 2022
- Valentine’s Day - Feb 14, 2023
- End of the Year Celebrations – Field Day led by the Parents’ Association/Class Parents by grade. Dates forthcoming.
Class Party Guidelines
- The Principal, PA and the administration determine the date(s) of class parties. Class
party dates can be found on the school calendar
- Teachers will decide the exact time of each party and whether the parties are open to
parents. Please always be respectful of your teacher’s wishes. If there is a conflict,
please contact our Class Parent Coordinators for guidance.
- Class Parents should communicate with their teacher before sending out any information
on class parties. Individual teachers may have different party policies and different
grades may have different policies as well.
- Certain parties this year will be coordinated on a grade-wide basis. Information on this
new approach will be communicated in advance.